Friday, February 04, 2005

the call

i hear Your voice
You are calling out to me again
Drawing me back to You

every plea breaks my heart,
the cries of a man who gave all for me
and yet im so ungrateful,

it took God to come down,
just to save someone like me?
how could i?
how could i not respond

even when my heart despairs,
i noe He is always there
im casting my hope in Him
for i know He never fails me

Lord i long for You
i seek You
let my tears become my food again
help me to cry to You again

deep calls to deep
in the roar of Your waterfall
all your waves and breakers have swept over me(psalms 42:7)

Lord overwhelm me again
take my heart,
i know its better off in Your hands

You have not forgotten me
nay,
You hold my world in Your hands
you count my tears
even those unshed except in my heart
So i come back to You
humbled, defeated,
a captive of love
casting down my crowns at Your feet

in the light of Your glory,
all my treasures and trophies seem like cheap trinklets
indeed Lord,
You are good
how could i ever forget that
how could i ever

take me again
take my all

No comments: