Friday, February 11, 2005

in the secret

In the secret, in the quiet place,
In the stillness You are there.
In the secret, in the quiet hour I wait only for You
Cause I want to know You more.

I want to know You, I want to hear Your voice
I want to know You more.
I want to touch You, I want to see Your face,
I want to know You more.

I am reaching for the highest goal,
That I might receive the price.
Pressing onward, pushing every hindrance aside,
Out of my way.
Cause I want to know You more.

I've really wandered so far off,
its been such a long time since
i can remember singing the second verse of this song
without feeling guilty,
i felt tired,
i failed to persevere
i dropped aside,
overcome by the hindrances,
hardening my heart against that desire to draw close to my maker

Lord help me to draw back to You
to go into that secret place and seek You
i want to run the race again
to push and push in order to recieve Your reward
Your joy, Your peace,
Your love

No comments: